Failed snipe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Topgas_*

Guest_Topgas_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Well, for the first time Justsnipe has let me down. Snipe amount for 17 ish, completed auctions says bid placed, but item sold for 11ish. I've checked the Verify eBay function and it confirms up to date, so rather disappointed. Is there some way sniping can be blocked?

#2 Guest_Topgas_*

Guest_Topgas_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Apologies - it was ebay's fault - no notification until just now, despite the auction ending yesterday, so I did win it, and faith restored in the excellent Justsnipe!

#3 JustSnipe Support

JustSnipe Support

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostTopgas, on 06 March 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Apologies - it was ebay's fault - no notification until just now, despite the auction ending yesterday, so I did win it, and faith restored in the excellent Justsnipe!

Lately, eBay has been responding so slow. You can sign in to eBay and click on the auction item directly to view if you have won the item or not.

Thank you,

Cynthia L.

#4 Guest_smooshie09_*

Guest_smooshie09_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hello I also recently lost a bid by a mere 40 cents (ie it sold for 40 cents less than my snipe bid) but it wasn't ebay being slow to respond - it has gone to another bidder :(  can anyone explain why this has happened? I've been very pleased with Justsnipe to date .....

#5 Guest_Bully Boy_*

Guest_Bully Boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

I had great difficulty logging in on 3-23-12 at approx 1:00am central time.  The ebay item I wanted was going off around 3:30am.  Item street value was about $200.  I finally got logged on to justsnipe and placed my snipe bid.  The item sold to another bidder for $20.  Well below my max snipe bid.  My snipe bid was never placed according to ebay.

Dependability is paramount from my perspective.  In this instance it will cost me over $150 extra to acquire the goods I need.  I appreciate the times it has worked in the past.  Is there a system backup window, or were there system problems on 3-22 or 3-23?

I want to subscribe to a snipe service, but ...

Don't need a technical explanation, but if there is a backup window I need to avoid, then I would like to know about that.  Problems happen sometimes.  Been around computers long enough to know.  If it was a fluke, then fine.

#6 Guest_Bully Boy_*

Guest_Bully Boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostBully Boy, on 24 March 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I had great difficulty logging in on 3-23-12 at approx 1:00am central time.  The ebay item I wanted was going off around 3:30am.  Item street value was about $200.  I finally got logged on to justsnipe and placed my snipe bid.  The item sold to another bidder for $20.  Well below my max snipe bid.  My snipe bid was never placed according to ebay.

Dependability is paramount from my perspective.  In this instance it will cost me over $150 extra to acquire the goods I need.  I appreciate the times it has worked in the past.  Is there a system backup window, or were there system problems on 3-22 or 3-23?

I want to subscribe to a snipe service, but ...

Don't need a technical explanation, but if there is a backup window I need to avoid, then I would like to know about that.  Problems happen sometimes.  Been around computers long enough to know.  If it was a fluke, then fine.

Well, now I feel like an idiot.  I thought the "News" tab on the home page would be full of rave reviews and press releases.  I read the explanation of the outage and I am satisfied.  Now I know there is something behind that tab for me.  No reply necessary on above, sorry for the confusion.  Guess I was a little off on the date of my snipe login problems.  Keep on rockin'

#7 Guest_bettybay@myfaipoint.net_*

Guest_bettybay@myfaipoint.net_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

I have missed two for two snips sold for less than my max bid, I figured i would try free program before i invested...... not impressed

#8 JustSnipe Support

JustSnipe Support

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postbettybay@myfaipoint.net, on 19 October 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I have missed two for two snips sold for less than my max bid, I figured i would try free program before i invested...... not impressed

May be if you provide your id and the auction numbers in
questions, we can help you further.

But my best answer to the why you did not win was because
your lowball bid amount. Say your max bid at $40 would not
be able to win the auction when it was ended at $42.

If you want us to check into the details, please let us know
your id.

Thanks,

JustSnipe Support

PS: Folks, please create a new topic in the "Support" section.
Do not add your post to an old thread when it is not your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users